Kyriakos G. Viras' Home Page
Professor of Physical Chemistry, Emeritus
B.Sc. in Physics, University of Athens (1970)
Ph.D. in Physics, University of Athens (1977)
Ph.D. Thesis Title: "Influence of the preferential solvation on the dimensions of polymers dissolved in a mixture of two solvents"
Field of Interest
1. Structure and morphology of macromolecules (oligomers, block copolymers, nanocomposite polymeric materials, aminoacids and their derivatives etc.) (Thermal analysis, XRD, IR and Raman spectroscopy).
2. Physicochemical study of the interactions of bioactive compounds with lipidic membranes (Thermal analysis and Raman spectroscopy).
513 - Physical Chemistry II (Statistical Thermodynamics)
814 - Special Topics in Physical Chemistry (Spectroscopy)
Journal of Polymer Science, Polymer, Langmuir, European Polymer Journal, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, Macromolecules, Thermochimica Acta.
1. European source such as The European Community (Twinning, Training and Mobility programs), The British Council and Royal Society and ESPRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, U.K).
2. NATO-Collaborative Research Grants.
3. National sources such as The General Secretariat of Research and Technology, Ministry of Education, University of Athens.
Invited speaker: 12
Click here for a complete list of publications.
Prof. Kyriakos Viras
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Zografou 157 71, Greece
Office: 5th floor, Wing E, Office 9
Email: viras at chem.uoa.gr