1991-95 BSc (Ptychion) in Chemistry (University of Athens, Greece) (Grade: 7.43/10)
1995-97 MSc in Physical Chemistry (University of Athens, Greece) (Grade: 9.34/10)
Master Thesis title: "Ab initio calculations on the P-X and Y-Li2 molecular systems (X=Li, Na and Y=N, P)"
1998-2000 PhD in Physical Chemistry.
PhD Thesis Title: "I. Structure and interaction energies of the van der Waals systems C2H2-(H2O)x, x = 1 - 4 and CHy-H2O, y = 1, 2
II. Electronic structure of the carbides BC, BC-, HBC, AlC, AlC- and HÁlC via ab initio calculations."
1. NATO ASI, "Recent Theoretical and Experimental Advances in Hydrogen-Bonded Clusters", Elounda, Crete, Greece, 22/06-4/07/1997.
2. NATO ASI, "Quantum Monte Carlo in Physics and Chemistry", Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y., 13-24/07/1998.
3. NATO ASI on "Metal-Ligand Interactions in Chemistry Physics and Biology", Cetrano (CS), Calabria, Italy, 1-12/09/1998. Poster: The electronic structure of ScAl+ Ground and Low-Lying states. D. Tzeli, A. Mavridis.
4. Fourth European Workshop on Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics, Marly-le-Roi, Paris, France, 22-27 April 1999. Poster: An ab initio investigation of the acetylene-water HCCH-(H2O)x x = 1, 2, 3, 4 system. D.Tzeli, A. Mavridis, S. Xantheas.
5. 23rd International Workshop on Condensed Matter Theories, Ithaca, Greece, June 17-23, 1999.
a. Talk: Quantitive Calculations on Small Molecules by ab initio methods. A. Mavridis and D. Tzeli
b. Poster: The van der Waals interaction of the acetylene molecule with water clusters, C2H2-(H2O)x x = 1, 2, 3 and 4. D.Tzeli, S. S. Xantheas and A. Mavridis.
6. Fifth European Workshop on Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden, 13-18/4/2000.
Poster: Water - Acetylene interactions. An ab initio analysis of the cluster HCCH-(H2O)x x = 1, 2, 3, 4 system. D. Tzeli, A. Mavridis, S. S. Xantheas
7. Sixth European Workshop on Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics, Sofia, Bulgaria, 19-24/4/2001.
Poster: On the Electronic Structure of Iron Carbide, FeC. Ground and 35 Low-Lying Excited States. D. Tzeli and A. Mavridis
8. Eighth European Workshop on Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics, Spetses, Greece, 30/8 - 4/9/2003.
a. Poster: First Principles Investigation of the magnesium diboride MgB2. D. Tzeli and A. Mavridis
b. Poster: On the Electronic Structure of Iron Carbide Cation, FeC+. Ground and 39 Low-Lying Excited States. D. Tzeli and A. Mavridis
9. Molecular Quantum Mechanics: The No Nonsense Path to Progress International Conference in honour of Nicholas C. Handy St. John's College, Cambridge University, England, 24 - 29/7/2004.
Poster: On the Electronic Structure of Cobalt Carbide, CoC. Ground and Low-Lying Excited States. D. Tzeli and A. Mavridis
10. Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics, Workshop, QSCP XII Royal Holloway, University of London, U.K., 30/8 - 5/9/2007.
a. Poster: Theoretical study of adsorption of gallium and gallium nitrides on Si(111). D. Tzeli, I. D. Petsalakis and G. Theodorakopoulos
b. Talk: Theoretical investigation of the First row transition Metal Borides, MB, M = Sc, Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni and Cu. D. Tzeli and A. Mavridis
Dr. Demeter Tzeli
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Zografou 157 71, Greece
Office: 5th floor, Wing E, Office 3
Email: tzeli at chem.uoa.gr